With rising public awareness of the need to protect our environment, governments and businesses are under increasing pressure to minimize their environmental footprint and promote sustainable development.
The Environmental Management System (EMS) Standard has been developed to help organisations identify, manage and control those activities that have an environmental impact.
ISO 14001 can reduce your environmental footprint
Through a combination of analysis and action most organisations can transform the way they interact with the environment by, for example:
- Cutting down on waste
- Lowering energy use
- Using renewable resources
- Avoiding risk and preventing pollution
- Complying with regulatory and legal requirements
- Designing for the complete product lifecycle.
By moving towards a cleaner, greener way of working, an organization can become a model of good citizenship, enhancing its public image in the process.
The benefits of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard
- Strengthened stakeholder confidence
- Greater competitive advantage
- More secure long-term viability.
What it does
ISO 14001 recognizes that there is no one-size-fits-all way of tackling environmental challenges. Every organization is different. The Standard is flexible and does not seek to dictate the detail of your environmental policy. Instead, ISO 14001 sets out broad principles which can help you to:
- Establish good environmental performance as a strategic objective
- Sustain continual improvement of environmental performance
- Look at your products from ‘cradle to grave’
- Reduce waste and pollution
- Analyse, plan, control and monitor all activities that may have an environmental impact
- Comply with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate to regulators, stakeholders and other interested third parties that you have an efficient environmental management system.
Want know more?
If you would like to discuss how Almir Business Ltd can assist you with implementing a quality management system please contact us.